I’m reintroducing honey after 4+ months on a low-acid diet! Although I was enjoying my banana bread overnight oats every morning, I felt it time to bring some crunch back into my breakfast with this coconut chai granola.
Typically, I would have my granola with kefir, but I had some oat milk left in the fridge and took a shot at a double-whammy whole grain breakfast. So far, so good (and oh, so good!)—no heartburn or bloat in sight!
I approximated the cardamom, nutmeg, and cinnamon to my liking, but use the ratios you like best.
This coconut chai granola breakfast is full of whole grains, protein, and fiber, so dig in!
Coconut Chai Granola
- large baking sheet
- large mixing bowl
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup avocado oil, or another neutral oil
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp star anise, crushed
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Mix everything together in a large mixing bowl, using a fork or your fingers to break up and distribute the honey.
- Cover the baking sheet with foil or a silicone baking mat. Pour the granola in one layer onto the baking sheet, and bake it in the oven for 40 minutes, stirring halfway through.