The purpose of this page is to inform you of how and why your information is used by Wise Cook.
What personal data is collected and why
- Comments, contact forms, newsletter: Data shown in the comments, contact forms, and newsletter sign-up forms, such as name and email address that you voluntarily provide to Wise Cook, are collected. The option to unsubscribe from the newsletter will always be included at the bottom of the newsletter emails.
- Demographic information: Via Google Analytics, the site may also collect demographic information about users, such as age, gender, location, and interests. This information is non-identifiable. This information is used to produce relevant content for readers and identify the audience and your interests.
- Cookies: Cookies are data files about this website that can be stored on your browser (if you allow). They help provide you with a better experience of the website, for example, by saving your name and email address in comment forms. Cookies are used to compile data and offer better and more personalized site experiences. You may disable cookies via your Internet browser. Cookies may also be used by third-party systems, such as Google Analytics.
- Online payments: If you purchase something via this site or a link on this site, your information will be collected by a third-party payment system, such as Amazon. This information is not stored on the Wise Cook site.
Linking to other websites
Wise Cook shares your information with:
- MailChimp: This service has access to your name and email for use in newsletters and promotional emails.
- Google Analytics: This service captures your IP address, referring websites, and user activities. This service is used to understand site navigation, user sessions, and demographics.
Unless required by law or for the safety of Wise Cook administrators or others, Wise Cook will never sell, distribute, or otherwise reveal any identifiable information or your email address without your consent to parties other than the aforementioned trusted third parties. However, anonymous data that do not identify you alone, such as that collected by cookies, may be used by third parties for advertising, marketing, or other purposes.
Rights to your information
- At any time, you can opt out of newsletters and promotional emails by using the unsubscribe links, or by sending an email to amy [at ] wisecook [dot] net.
- You can also request access or amend your personal information, or receive more information about how your data is used by Wise Cook by contacting amy [at] wisecook [dot] net.
Wise Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and earns from qualifying purchases. This advertising program is designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com. If you click on a link provided on the Wise Cook site and then purchase the product, Wise Cook will make a small commission.
Wise Cook may also participate in other affiliate programs that provide commission in a similar way.
Wise Cook newsletters may include tracking pixels, which provide information about what links you click and if you open the emails. This information helps inform future Wise Cook newsletter campaigns.
The general information, recipes, and blog posts on this site are for entertainment purposes only and not to be considered as official medical advice. The information and recipes on this site are for general use and may not be suited for your needs or circumstances.
The general information, recipes, and blog posts on this site are not to be considered as medical advice. The information and recipes on this site are for general use and may not be suited for your needs or circumstances.
The information on this site is neither a substitute for a consultation with a licensed health practitioner nor intended to diagnose or treat medical conditions. Please consult your physician or qualified health professional with any concerns about your health and well-being. Before you make any changes to your diet, or make any attempts to lose weight, please consult with your physician to ensure that these changes are safe for you. Wise Cook and Amy Reff are not liable for any injury or harm that comes from accessing the posted information and recipes.
If nutritional information for recipes or foods is included, the information is estimated and may not be exact. Nutritional information may be pulled from meal planning software, such as Verywell’s Recipe Nutrition Calculator.
Reproduction and use of content
All rights reserved. You may not reproduce Wise Cook content or use any recipes, photos, or writing without permission.
You may cite a recipe or post by crediting Amy Reff or Wise Cook and linking back to the original post and home page if possible. You may use up to one original image with the proper credit and link back to the original content. However, you may not repost the recipe in its entirety with ingredients and directions.
You may not in any way alter or sell any content from this site, including recipes and images.
Intellectual property rights
This website and various aspects of this website may be protected by federal statutory and common law copyright protection, federal statutory and common law trademark and service mark protection, federal statutory and common law trade dress protection and federal patent protection. Any infringement of the intellectual property rights of this website will be aggressively prosecuted.
Consent, changes to policy, and contact information